alice + olivia by Stacey Bendet Fall/Winter 2011 Presentation evokes timeless elegance and unbashed glamour. Stacey Bendet creates a wardrobe for a chic, free-spirited female; an empowered individual who is flawlessly fun and full of life, ready for a party, eccentric and captivating.
(The Plaza Hotel on February 14th)
Thomas Dunkin and the Sebastian hair team were on hand backstage styling playful and pretty chignons to complement the designer’s fall ’11 collection. The collection, along with the hair, evokes timeless elegance and unabashed glamour while speaking to the girl who’s flawlessly fun and full of life.
The Hair Look:
1. To start, dampen the hair with water and generously apply Volupt Spray throughout the hair. Blow the hair out with just your fingers, keeping any natural texture in the hair and making sure the has plenty of volume.
2. Once the hair is completely dry, leave a soft parting where the hair falls into a break naturally. From here, spritz all over with Shine Define for flexible control and gently pull back the hair to either the center or either side.
3. Twist very small, subtle sections on the sides and pull hair back into a large chignon and allow what pieces pop out to remain loose. Secure with a natural-colored hair band, matte bobby pins and fine pins. Pull the chignon into a pretty shape and secure with a few more pins.
4. Finally, spritz the hair with Trilliant for a soft natural hold and beautiful shine.
How to Get the Look with Sebastian Professional:
Thomas Dunkin suggests the following combination of stylers:
* Shine Define- the ultimate versatile hairspray for shine and flexible hold ($15.95)
* Volupt Spray- volume-building spray-gel ($19.95)
* Shaper Zero Gravity- dry, brushable, lightweight control hairspray ($15.95)
* Trilliant- thermal protection and shimmer complex ($19.95)
Lead Stylist- Thomas Dunkin, Sebastian Professional Stylist Design Team